Friday 19 July 2013

Finally a jewellery piece montage

I remembered this time to photograph the necklace as I put it together.

Here goes...
This is what it looks like when the piece of lace is finished, but still on the pillow waiting to be cut off (like it has been for 3 days!)
A close up so you can see the pins in their places and how the pattern card below might be used to figure out where your wires and pins go.
Here, I have removed it from the pillow and added a bead to finish off the long plaited section. I am yet to decide how to finish the ends at the top of it... Hmmmm
I decided to disappear them into the lace. Think this has worked well. It's not easy to see where the wires might have finished.
I then attached a ball and chain necklace. I had to find a YouTube video to watch to figure out the clasp as I've never used a ball an chain necklace before. It's actually a lot more simple than I was trying to make it!

Now I hope the person I made it for likes it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment